Packaging as clean as the products inside.
Imagine a 100% US-sourced, curbside-collected, recycled product that is high-quality enough for food, beverages, beauty products, vitamins and more. That’s EcoPrime®. As a versatile alternative to virgin materials, EcoPrime® earned a letter of No-Objection from the FDA for use in rigid and flexible packaging. It can be readily integrated into existing manufacturing processes, so you can keep your promises to customers and the environment.
EcoPrime® prioritizes the health of consumers and the planet with packaging solutions that are clean enough for food, beverages and personal care products.
- Clean innovation: Our patented, chemical-free, cleaning process is designed to eliminate contaminants and produce odor-free, recycled and recyclable resin.
- Clarity: The EcoPrime® difference is clear, yielding products that are suitable for use in white and natural bottles.
- Corporate responsibility: Choosing EcoPrime® sends a powerful message to consumers about your brand’s commitment to quality and sustainability.
Consumers prefer EcoPrime®
According to research conducted in the U.S., EcoPrime® products, and its mission, resonated with consumers.
- Those surveyed said EcoPrime® containers put the dairy and bottle companies in the good light.
- Most consumers would choose a bottle with EcoPrime over the most-preferred bottle shape, if the product was not more expensive.
- Even individuals who did not identify as eco-conscious felt a responsibility to choose the environmentally friendly choice.
EcoPrime™ is made from recycled food and beverage packaging through a unique, patented cleaning process designed to eliminate contaminants. It is made for direct food contact and can be used in the packaging of many food, beverage, vitamin, medicine and personal care products. EcoPrime™ has the same food safety standard as conventional HDPE (#2), but better, because it’s made from recycled plastic and is recyclable.
- Can be used in many food contact applications where HDPE resin is currently used.
- Meets standards for packaging food, milk, juice, vitamins, supplements, herbal medicines containing no free fats or oils, prescription pills, dry and aqueous personal care products.
- No heavy metals or BPAs.
- No fragrances, thereby preserving food flavors and health and beauty products’ scents
- Made predominantly from U.S. sourced, recycled food packaging.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), has issued a No Objection Letter (NOL) for post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastics for contact with many foods and beverages.
Why is this significant?
With the FDA NOL, EcoPrime™ is deemed equivalent to conventional HDPE plastic for many food, beverage, drug and medical uses.
Helps your favorite brands and retailers meet important sustainability goals.
- Reduces energy consumption by 90% during manufacturing process.1
- Uses 78% less CO2 to produce than virgin resin (conventional HDPE (#2)).1
- Meets tough sustainability measures, as required by certain producers.
1 Franklin LCI Data: 609 pounds CO2 per 1,000 pounds of material (22% of virgin) 78% less greenhouse gas emissions than virgin production. 90% less energy used than virgin resin. Water 543.3 gallons per 1,000 pounds of material.
EcoPrime™ is created through a patented process making safe, clean, HDPE (#2) plastic.
- Made primarily from curbside collected food packaging HDPE (#2) plastic.
- Cleaned by a proprietary process utilizing heat and air.
- Designed to rid the plastics of contaminants, without the use of chemicals.
- Recycled plastic is melted and formed into the final product, EcoPrime™ pellets.
- EcoPrime™ can be used for rigid and flexible packaging such as bottles, pouches and containers.